This project entitled INTERSHIP: 'Integrated Collaborative Design and Production of Cruise Vessels, Passenger Ships and RoPax' gather six partners representing the largest Europeans shipyards.
- ALSTOM Chantiers de l’Atlantique - France
- ENVC Estaleiros Navais de Viana do Castelo, S.A. – Portugal
- FCNI Fincantieri Cantieri Navali Italiani S.p.A. – Italy
- FSG Flensburger Schiffbau Gesellschaft – Germany
- IZAR Construcciones Navales, S.A. – Spain
- Jos.L.MEYER – Germany
- Kvaerner MASA YARDS – Finland
This project aims are:
- To increase significantly the competitiveness of European shipyards to reach a worldwide market share of 90% for cruises vessels and 50% for RoPax vessels and ferries.
- To develop the best produced by seeking an optimum solution between the design, quality, safety, environment and efficiency.
- To drastically reduce building and development cost (25-30%) as well as lead time of innovative solutions (20-30%).
ANAST contributes to the working group II1 entitled 'Design for production and cost' chaired by ALSTOM - Chantiers de l’Atlantique.
Two different directions are studied. The first one is a cost assessment and the second one production improving by simulation.
Problem: Most of the costs in a shipbuilding process occur in the production phase, while they are defined in design. Design for production and effective methods of cost estimation in all design phases are therefore the key for cost reduction. However considering cost and production requires from the designer extensive knowledge and sophisticated tools.
Target: To develop methods and tools for design for production and cost estimation in design. To establish criteria for cost efficient and easy-to-manufacture design solutions.
Duration: 24 months
Problem: The increase of the productivity in each production workshop is an essential problem to perform the efficiency and the competitiveness of a shipyard. The success of an optimal production consists in realising, in an adequate manner, the division of the ship in sub-structures, the repartition of the sub-structures manufacturing in the different workshops and the choice of production parameters in each workshop.
Three issues appear:
blocks distribution in the workshops.
- Space management in blocks assembly halls.
- Flux management in production lines.
Target: To model the principal workshops of the shipyard in the purpose to simulate several production configurations before the manufacturing. The best one is extracted and a allows to fix the workshop parameters such as the elements fabrication order, the necessary number of workers, the progress scheduling …
Duration: 12 months